PATHWAYS TO PHILOSOPHY
Online philosophy courses leading to Associate and Fellowship awards from the International Society for Philosophers and Diploma and BA degree from the University of London
The Pathways web sites are the work of philosophy teachers, students and enthusiasts around the globe.
"Philosophy is the ultimate expression of human freedom. We believe in freedom of thought and expression but also in the responsibility that goes with that freedom. As philosophers, we value and respect those whose views differ from our own.
"Our mission is to teach the world to philosophize."
[from ISFP Mission Statement]
© Geoffrey Klempner 1995–2014
Designed with Smart Web Palette
Philosophy Pathways 188
Special issue dedicated to the philosophy of D.R. Khashaba
'The Riddle of the Parmenides' by D.R. Khashaba
'Creative Eternity' by D.R. Khashaba
'Socrates Answers Aristotle' by D.R. Khashabae
ASK A PHILOSOPHER
New questions & answers
If you would like to join the Ask a Philosopher panel of experts, please email Ask a Philosopher, including a brief CV and statement of your academic qualifications.
Gallery of Russian Thinkers
Bakhtin, Berdyaev, Bogdanov, Eitingon, Granoff, Ilyenkov, Jakobson, Kojeve, Lenin, Losev, Lotman, Luria, Mamardashvili, Medvedev, Propp, Rapoport, Roerich, Rozanov, Schpet, Shestov, Spielrein, Trubetskoy, Vasiliev, Yanovskaya
Please email contributions to Editor Dmitry Olshansky MA
Welcome to the Pathways Portal!
From this page you can:
• Select from six Pathways to Philosophy
• Take the ISFP Associate and Fellowship awards
• Study for an online BA Philosophy degree
• Learn how to Write a philosophy essay
• Answer the question Why study philosophy?
• Browse through Essays by Pathways students
• Browse through Letters to Pathways students
• Do a search through Electronic Philosopher
• Read the Pathways Philosophy study guide
• Subscribe to the ejournal Philosophy Pathways
• Start a philosophy group with Pathways Meetups
• Send your question to Ask a Philosopher
• Submit your web site to the Pathways Top 10
• Download Electronic philosophy texts
• Read through Geoffrey Klempner's Brief CV
• Inspect the Pathways Student Survey results
• Go to the Pathways Programs home page
• Find your ideal philosophy StudyPartner
• Subscribe to the ejournal Philosophy for Business
• Join the International Society for Philosophers
• Join the ISFP open group on Facebook
• Email your manuscript to ISFP Publishing
• View the latest Questions & Answers
• Participate in the Pathways online conference
The first Pathways distance learning students joined in 1995. The Pathways web site was launched in 1997.
In 2002, the International Society of Philosophers was formed to promote the benefits of philosophy, and to run the Pathways programs and awards. There are currently 1864 ISFP members in 90 countries.
If you have any comments about the Pathways web site, or if you would like to ask a question about the Pathways online courses, please use the Feedback form.
Choosing your own Pathway
Pathways offers an exciting range of options. However, if you ask the following simple questions, it is easy to find the Pathway that is ideal for you:
— are you a beginner, or have you studied philosophy before?
— do you want to follow a set program of study, or would you prefer to devise your own program?
— is there a time frame within which you would like your studies to be completed?
— are you looking for an accredited course which leads to a recognized qualification?
— what are you hoping to do after you finish your studies with Pathways?
There are three study tracks:
* Six Pathways Programs
* ISFP Associate Award
* ISFP Fellowship Award
Click the above links to find out more.
If you would like advice about your philosophical Pathway, please email the Director of Studies Dr Geoffrey Klempner at email@example.com.